Do you work on foreign cars?
Yes, we work on most foreign cars. Please call us to discuss what type of car you have and we'll advise you accordingly, 847-362-2818.
How often should I change the oil in my car?
The normal recommendation is to change it every 3,000 miles or 3 months. People who may only drive in town and not even 3,000 miles a year I recommend at least twice a year. Those who may put on 3,000 miles in a month could extend it to 5,000 miles but remember a oil change is cheap and a engine replacement is very expensive So your better off to stick with the normal recommendation.
Why do cars need preventative maintenance?
Why preventive maintance
Manufacturers know that a properly maintained car will be more dependable, safer, last longer, and increase your satisfaction with their product.CAr makers and owners also have a reponsibility to make sure emission controls receive regular service and are functioning properly. regular maintenance helps accomplish these goals
What's in it for you?
A more dependable car
A car that retains the "new car feel"
Less chance of a costly breakdown
A safer car for you and your family
A car worth more at trade in or sale
What can I do to get better fuel mileage?
There are many things that can help some are very simple that the average consumer can do.
* Check your tire inflation, set them to maxiumum pressure when cold
* Make sure your air filter is clean
* If your check engine lite is on have your mechanic tell you what is wrong
* Tune up your engine, if your vehicle uses platinum spark plugs and you have 75,000 miles those plugs are 3/4 worn out a fresh set may help with fuel consumption.
* If your temperature gauge always reads low have your thermostat replaced and coolant temp sensor checked
These are a few things that can be done to help you out if you think your car is consuming to much fuel. For more hints or questions answered contact G&R Auto Repair 847-362-2818